WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

7.17.2012

Tuesday's Tip (#13)

Here's a tip for you:

Buy a cow.

If you have more than one kid, just go ahead and buy a cow. I know nothing about cow care and maintenance, but it's got to be better than the constant fear of running out of milk. I was at BJ's on Sunday and we bought two gallons of milk. I almost got three, but since we were stocking up on groceries, I figured there wouldn't be enough room in the fridge. (Plus, where would I put the beer and wine if I bought another gallon of milk?) Here it is, Tuesday morning, and we have half a gallon left. I know cows aren't exactly accustomed to city life, but, I've got an average-sized yard. Surely she wouldn't mind grazing out there. It would really help me out with our 3 - 4 gallon a week milk habit! I'm thinking that after a few short weeks, this cow will have paid for itself. Not to mention the fact that Sophie has been complaining that she doesn't have her own pet like the big kids do. Two birds, one stone, baby...

Not out of place at all!
Have a tip to share? Or a cow care manual? Feel free to leave a comment below...

...& be sure to check back every Tuesday for a new tip!




2 comments:

Lisa @ The Golden Spoons said...

Wouldn't have to mow the grass then either!!! Sound like a win-win to me!!! :)

Lissie said...

Lisa, you're absolutely right! This plan gets better and better...