WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

10.23.2013

Hamster Wheel

Sometimes I feel like a hamster. Not one of those cute ones who drives a Kia, either. Just a silly, little rodent stuck in that foolish wheel. This is one of those weeks when the daily routine is getting to me. Get up. Get kids ready. Get self ready. Drop kids off. Get to work. Teach. Get home. Make dinner. Try to clean up. Wash another load of laundry. Help with homework. Put kids to bed. Go to sleep. Rinse and repeat. 

I'm feeling like there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. I leave the house at 7:15 to drive the kids to school. I get home at 4:45 from work. As it is, I'm barely doing the basics. I haven't even figured out how to squeeze in a workout (or squeeze into my jeans). Sometimes I even sacrifice sleep to get stuff done. Ugh.  

I was about to start doing 87 million things tonight and then I decided to say "screw it" and took a bath instead. Sometimes you just need to leave the pile of laundry for another day. 

What I need is a little less this:
And a lot more this:

HEY! If you enjoy the blog, why not become a follower? I'm the one who's stuck in the hamster wheel. You can also stalk find me on Facebook and TwitterLike the page and follow me!

**And be sure to visit my Zazzle store. Don't you need a new coffee mug or apron?

-->Is the daily grind getting you down, too? Feel free to share your story in the comments below...



No comments: