WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

3.17.2014

Day Off

A little more than 10 years ago, I left work one day and promptly had my first baby. For almost 6 years, I stayed home full-time and had 3 more. I then returned to work, first part-time (& had 1 more kid), and this year I'm officially full-time. In all of these years, there has never been a day when the kids were at school that I didn't have a little one to take care of. Being a teacher, if I have a day off, the kids are off with me. That's part of the reason why I love my job. 

BUT, today is different. This year, all 5 kids are in school. And they go to a private school. So, even though they are in my school district, for the first time ever, I have a day off and they don't. My kids are at school on this St. Patrick's Day, while I'm out of work for Boston city workers' favorite holiday - Evacuation Day. 

I haven't had a day off without the children since I started having them. I love my kids, but this is fantastic. I got up and got them ready for school, but PJ drove them. That left me to get right back into bed with the dog and a cup of coffee. 



Now, I'm just relaxing for the next few hours until PJ and I go to the movies with the in-laws (they're off, too). There are a million things I could get done without the kids underfoot, but where's the fun in that? I think I'll take a bubble bath instead and revel in the sound of silence. 

I've got a whole year before this happens again. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

HEY! If you enjoy the blog, why not become a follower? I'm the one who's chilling out ALL ALONE. You can also stalk find me on Facebook and TwitterLike the page and follow me!

**And be sure to visit my Zazzle store. Don't you need a new coffee mug or apron?

-->Have you played the game, too? (I can't get the toast out!) Feel free to share your story in the comments below...


2 comments:

7thD said...

I'm a true follower! I admire you more now than ever. I started a blog a few years ago, but haven't written my first post! You truly know what to do with a day off. I think you might have another one for Bunker Hill Day!

Lissie said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm looking forward to Bunker Hill Day, too, but my kids are out of school by that time, so it won't be a total day off!